Jackie Bumanglag with her husband, Jason, and children Blake and Kayleigh in their Plumas Lake home.
Other Articles in this Category
Most Viewed Stories
Most Commented Stories
US Profile: Jackie Bumanglag
- Name: Jackie Bumanglag
- Age: 27
- Family: Husband Jason; son Blake, 8; daughter Kayleigh, 5
- Occupation: X-ray student
- Hobbies, interests: Kids sports, dirt-biking, gardening and traveling
- Where do you get your news? Appeal-Democrat or the Sacramento Bee
- What keeps you in the Plumas Lake area? Housing prices and the closeness of the community
- What aspects about the community attracted you here initially? Housing prices and the idea of it being all "new"
- Do you belong to any clubs or organizations in the community? No, I don’t have much extra time being a mom, wife and full-time student
- If you were in charge, what would you change about the Plumas Lake community?
Not much to change, but I would add a gas station and maybe a coffee place.
- What are your favorite places to go in Yuba-Sutter/Mid-Valley/Sacramento area?
The Galleria mall for shopping; Sunsplash for the kids to play and there are so many parks we enjoy going to for the kids and dogs.
- If you were granted one wish, what would you wish for? More time with my family and enjoyment of quality time.
- Favorite television show: I’m hooked on "Private Practice," "Grey’s Anatomy" and "CSI Miami"
- Favorite sports team: Indiana Colts and the Sacramento Kings
- Whom do you most admire and why? I most admire my children because they are both so innocent and so kind (for the most part) and always willing to help out and give to others. I admire their innocence and eagerness to learn and ability to be such awesome children.
- Tell us about a life-changing experience: I think my life-changing experience would be being surrounded by death between work and school, I have learned to enjoy more out of life and to live in the moment rather than always being a worry wart.
- What was your first job? My first job was at an assisted living center at age 16.
- How would you describe yourself? Hmm, that’s tough I am definitely a go-getter and forward but I have a good heart, am caring and compassionate and despite my big mouth my feelings get hurt easily.
- What kind of pets do you have? Two dogs
- What was your least/favorite subject in school? Math. I hate math.
- What are your favorite foods? I love veggies and I can always go for a good hamburger!
- What was the last good book you read? "Teach Me How to Love You." It’s a husband/wife book with some Christian mixed in, I found it very interesting and the book offered a lot of good tidbits for marriages and compromising in life.
- Favorite movie: "The Hangover" was a good one but my all-time favorite would be "The Story of Us"