Other Articles in this Category
Most Viewed Stories
Most Commented Stories
• Name: Jill Ericksen
• Age: 39
• Family: Husband, Tom; son, Ryan, 4; daughter, Megan, 6 months
• City of residence: Plumas Lake
• Occupation: Stay at home mom, formerly in graphic arts/pre-press for close to 10 years
• Hobbies, interests: Photography, graphic arts, flower gardening, doing art projects with my son, traveling, camping, waterskiing, hanging out with family and friends.
• Where do you get your news? Sacramento Bee and Plumaslakelife.com
• What keeps you in the Plumas Lake area? The great and friendly community, friends and neighbors. I love the "new town" in the countryside and orchard surroundings; the sunsets and stars up here.
• What attracted you to the area? We were able to buy a house up here with a big backyard; love the small town community feel and it is a great place to raise a family.
• What is the closest you've been to a famous person? My college friends and I met "Cheers'" Woody Harrelson after his band's performance at our college. He is very friendly, nice and smart in person.
• If you were granted one wish, what would you wish for? To be able to snap my fingers to travel on a whim.
• Favorite musical group: The Police. I had a huge crush on Sting during the high school years.
• Favorite television show: "Lost" and "Brothers and Sisters"
• Favorite sports team: Any of our son's sports. Last year was his Plumas Lake T-ball and swimming classes.
• Whom do you most admire and why? My husband, children, family and close friends for their unconditional love and support
• What was your first job? It was either at a doctor's office helping paste medical transcripts on papers or document/data processer at TransAmerica Insurance.
• What kind of pets do you have? Dog, Otto; cat, Emily; and a betta fish our son named Ted.
• What are your favorite places to go in Yuba-Sutter/ Mid-Valley/Sacramento area? In the fall, we enjoy Wheatland's Bishop Pumpkin Farm. In the summers, any kids' water squirt parks in Yuba City, Oroville, Roseville and Rocklin and the American River towns.
Lotus. Driving along the Delta/Sacramento river, from Courtland to Antioch during sunsets and having fun discovering restaurants in the Sacramento Valley. I think the best kid friendly restaurant in the Sacto-wide area is Aviator's at Sacramento's Executive Airport where you can watch planes land and take off while eating. Our son loves it there.
• Do you belong to any clubs or organizations in the community? Plumas Lake Moms and Heart 2 Heart Moms (church mom's group in Elk Grove)
• What are your favorite foods? Italian, Mexican, Chinese, BBQ steak and salads
• If you were in charge, what would you change about the community? Add a grocery store and gas station in town.
• What was the last good book you read? "The Last Lecture"
• Favorite movie: All time favorite: "Raiders of the Lost Ark"