Other Articles in this Category
Most Viewed Stories
Most Commented Stories
US Profile: Michelle Fernand
• Name: Michelle Fernand
• Age: 26
• Family: Husband, Ed; children: Blake, 7, and Ava, 1; and our two dogs
• Occupation: Stay-at-home mom
• Hobbies, interests: We enjoy traveling for sporting events, be it basketball, football, baseball or our own interest in snowboarding, jetskiing, dirtbiking with our oldest boy, barbecuing at home, and anything water related.
• Where do you get your news? The Appeal-Democrat
• What brought you to the Plumas Lake area? The short version is our beautiful home and small, tight-knit community.
• Do you belong to any clubs or organizations in the community? The Plumas Lake Moms Group
• If you were in charge, what would you change about the Plumas Lake community?: I am not sure that I would change anything, maybe finish up the home building so that our entire community was complete, and of course, add some goodies: grocery store, gas station, and, if I was lucky enough, a Starbucks.
• What are your favorite places to go in the region? We hit Natomas quite a bit for major shopping or the rare fast food trips; the Galleria at Roseville and downtown Sacramento for the River Cats games and such.
• What is the closest you've been to a famous person? Some UFC fighters and a few seats back at the Lakers' game
• If you were granted one wish, what would you wish for? More of what I already have. Beautiful family in a beautiful home. So I guess a bigger family (still contemplating that). And if that worked out, fabulous! If not, still counting my blessing for the little extra time I still have to myself!
• Favorite musical group: Black Eyed Peas
• Favorite television show: "Fringe"
• Whom do you most admire and why? My husband: He is patient, strong willed, committed and has shown me strength and passion beyond what I knew ever existed in this life. He has blessed me with two beautiful children and a loving stable home. I admire him for jumping in head first to take on every bit of it!
• Tell us about a life-changing experience: I became a mom at 18. That was an eye-opener. And to have my second such a time later, really showed me what I missed being so young and distracted with the petty, unimportant stuff/things/people. Watching our children grow is surreal and changes my view on darn near everything for the better. Becoming a mother was a blessing in disguise, more challenging than I ever imagined and changed our lives for the better.
• What was your first job? I worked at a tanning salon.
• How would you describe yourself? Outgoing, assertive, goal-oriented, a bit impatient, known to hold a grudge (I am getting better), a girly girl and flat out sassy! I say what I mean and what I am thinking, sometimes before I think. But hey, that's me.
• What are your favorite foods? Chicken, cantaloupe, pears, chocolate and anything with carbs
• What was the last good book you read? "The Proper Care and Feeding of a Husband" Sounds like its about a caged animal I know, but it was very informative of how things were way back when mom did the typical house stuff, and dad brought home the bacon, and the benefits and downsides to that lifestyle. Didn't really get as much out of it as I thought but it made for a darn good debate!
• Favorite movie: "Bride Wars"